Friday, June 30, 2006

I am an idiot

So of course stuff like this only happens to me:

I meet with Mel today to go over some stuff for our exam on July 8. She brings "Quick Reference to Occupational Therapy" (henceforth abbreviated to QRTOT), which I have heard is a good book to study for the exam with. However, I didn't know they meant it like "BUY IT NOW - IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME, ENERGY, AND EFFORT AND YOU WILL PASS THE EXAM". I thought they meant it like "it would help you do well on the exam, but you don't NEED IT" (aka all the recommended textbooks for my university career). So hello, I didn't buy it. Anyway, after meeting with Mel today the consensus was that it was a good investment as we made the following observations:
1. We are screwed
2. There are 6 days left and we haven't read a word since December
3. We never knew anything in the first place - so "refreshing" isn't even in our vocabulary

So, I said to Mel "yeah no prob, I'll go pick it up at the Chapters at Bayview Village before I go to work at BR today". So I go to Chapters super early and I look on the computers there, alas, there were no QRTOTs in any Chapters in the GTA. I said okay and I went to the library at BV to see if they had any copies anywhere. However, they only had 1 copy at the reference library. So...I am screwed and forgot my library card and my time was running out on the computer and I had to get to work. So in a rush I bought it off Amazon.com but stupid it won't arrive until July 6 or 7!! So I quickly get the number for UofT bookstore and call them. The guy said he had one more QRTOT left and I put it on hold. But it is the Friday before long weekend and they won't be open again until Tuesday morning and they closed at 6pm tonight. BUT I AM WORKING TILL 7PM!! Crap...so I go to work and find out my shift got cut until 5pm but it was still not enough time to make it downtown. So I begged Helen to take my shift and she said yes! Thanks Helen! :) Maybe I should have bought it 2 years ago when everyone else did. And so I subway 3 subways to St. George Campus and walk to the bookstore. I read about ADD/ADHD between Bloor Station and Sheppard Station and made it back for the last goal of Italy vs. Ukraine.

I am a star. Trust me with your children.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

LOL!! aw jess, i miss your crazy stories! YO NICE new look for your blog!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home