Monday, March 28, 2005

...

To err is human; to forgive, infrequent.
- Franklin P. Adams


On the eve of the one-year anniversary and as I try my best to think back that long...

I've been wondering for 365 days...

Are you happy?

Not that you deserve it, but I would just like to know.

You know in elementary school when you used those crappy erasers they used to give you for free before Mike Harris? Yeah. You are to me what that eraser is to paper. No matter how hard you frigging erase you can always see the mistake you made underneath. You erase so hard you rip a friggin' hole in the paper and you have to start all over...

The eraser is good for nothing but cutting into bits to chuck at the supply teacher.

I want to start over. I've started over.

As I grapple to come to terms with my anger, resentment, and fear...I still occasionally have those weak moments of wanting to pick up the phone.

Time for that good quality Staedtler eraser. No more cheap ass pieces of shit not worth another minute of my time.

Today is the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home