Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Observations

Using a Sun Microsystems computer which is by the way, UNuser-friendly user-unfriendly - we probably just got all these new flat screen things here at Queen's because they were cheap, not good, waiting for the worst class ever to start, dreading walking outside in the rain because I left my vest and umbrella at home and I'm wearing a light grey sweater, realizing that it's judgement day (e.g. 25% paper return from worst class ever), and watching this girl smoking outside who's checking herself out in the mirror-plated window here at Bracken.

EDIT: Placement offers for March and April delayed until January because a national system is being implemented, which allows us to request out of catchment. If I want a Kingston one I could know in a week. Humdinger. Well not actually, good things come to those who wait. I hope I'm not an exception.

4 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you mean user-UNfriendly

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger miss.chip said...

hey hun...those are some observations...lol. i miss u lots.

love u, vix

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new sun computers are part of many Sun things ITS has bought for this year, including a few Servers and software for a new queen's website! At work we're (but not me yet) working on setting up the new queen's website, the big differences are that its now a portal system (parts of many pages on one page) and you'll only have to log in once to have access to all of qcard, webct, qlink, etc. It should be up next term or at the latest next year.
I think the new Sun computers are bleh too, though they have this slot-card thing that hasnt been implemented yet so maybe they'll get a bit better later?....

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger jessica said...

1. Thanks, Grammar Nazi.
2. I miss you too!
3. I hate them. Who is Sun anyway? I thought there was only Microsoft and Apple and Google. IMPOSTERS! Maybe this is a marketing campaign. Like the free Toronto Star newspapers on campus.
4. There's a lot of Windows O/S computers in Bracken - in the computer lab there is about 20 and then 10 or 12 near the basement stairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home