Thursday, October 27, 2005

Wow...

So my Ergo class yesterday was a waste of time. The only thing I learned was that I am a Type A personality. Well, I already knew that. Don't ask how Type A personality and Ergo go together...something about Cognitive Demands Analysis? Anyway, so I looked into the characteristics of people who are Type A. Along with the following, is the almost definite prognosis of a heart attack. Um.

This is what I found:

Following questions may be asked to determine the presence of time-impatience 1. Do you eat fast and leave the dinner table immediately ? 2. Does your partner or any close friend tell you to slow down, become less tense, or take it easy? 3. Does it bother you a lot to wait in line at cashier's counter or to be seated in a restaurant? 4. Do you usually look at TV or read the paper while eating? 5. Do you examine your mail or do other things while listening to someone on the telephone? 6. Do you often think of other matters while listening to your partners or others? 7. Do you believe that usually you are in a hurry to get things done?

Pervasive and ever-present hostility can be assessed by the following questions: 1. Do you often find it difficult to fall asleep or difficult to stay asleep because you are upset about something a person has done? 2. Do you believe that most people are not honest or are not willing to help others? 3. Do you become irritated when driving or swear at others? 4. Does your partner, when riding with you, ever tell you to cool or calm down? 5. Do you often have a feeling that your partner is competing against you or is too critical of your inadequacies? 6. Do you grind your teeth or has your dentist ever told you that you have done so? 7. Does the car-driving errors of other drivers, the indifference of store clerks, or the tardiness of mail delivery upset you significantly?

Dr. Friedman has identified two psychological and six physical signs as major indicators of TAB. According to him these eight signs are almost always diagnostic of TAB. The two psychological signs are: 1. Presence of impatience or easily induced hostility. 2. Constant apprehension of future disasters (which is not a symptom of an anxiety disorder or depressive disorder). The six physical signs are: 1. Excessive perspiration of the forehead and the upper lip. 2. Teeth grinding. 3. Indentation of the tongue due to its chronic pressure against the top incisor teeth. 4. Tic-like retraction of the upper eye lid. 5. Tic-like retraction of the corners of the mouth. 6. Brown coloring of the skin of the lower eyelid.


Humdinger. Who the hell is Dr. Friedman anyway? Maybe I am 80% Lynette Scavo and 20% Bree Van De Kamp (only for her anal retentiveness...ask any of my group members) afterall...

That explains a lot about me. It explains why I split my laptop widescreen so that I can watch Arrested Development on half of it while keeping up with the World Series Live Gamecast on ESPN.com on the other half. Maybe it explains the fact that I am writing this blog, listening to Usher, reading ESPN's NBA Preview, going through the Queen's Best Resumes and Cover Letters book I just bought from Career Services, and taking out the binding from the Domestic Violence workshop I attended so I can hole punch it for my portfolio.

5 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

haha you're gonna go crazy like me!! I have this program at work that splits up your desktop so you can have multiple desktops and use hotkeys to switch between them. . . . At first i had eight, now it's up to TWELVE!!..for a total of.. a BAGILLION windows/programs open! .. help me

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger jessica said...

HAhAHHAH...

And Lise - I miss you! Where ARE you??

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the plans for hallowe'en??

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger jessica said...

huh? study and then sleep and then write my ergonomic assignment? and then my economic OT presentation? and try not to eat all the kit kat and coffee crisp i bought for my group for "treats" after our jeopardy like game at the end of my presentation.yr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home