Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Diary,

Thank you for life, love, family, and friends.
Thank you for school even though I act like I hate it, I don't. I just don't really like it all that much.
Thank you for people who understand me.
Thank you for people who put up with my rants, vents, political discourse, and confused moments.
Thank you for mango gelato.
Thank you for ambition, goals, and dedication.
Thank you for good food like my mom's turkey.
Thank you for memory sticks and wireless technology.
Thank you for good people who stick with you even through the bad times.
Thank you for people who celebrate your good times.
Thank you for people who write you long, meaningful letters to read on the plane to Vancouver equipped with a calling card and a bookmark.
Thank you for people who grow up with you and own half of the stuff you do, just in different colors and who listen to the Backstreet Boys on repeat while "watching stars".
Thank you for family who chide you when you're being idiotic.
Thank you for friends you meet through friends who turn out to be so different from you, yet for some reason, you're exactly the same.
Thank you for Lebron James.
Thank you for Naismith and basketball.
Thank you for 1984 (the year and the book).
Thank you for Canada.
Thank you for people who tell you you're a doormat when you're actually being a doormat.
Thank you for people who keep in touch with you even though you're X miles away.
Thank you for people who remember you after 4 years of non-communication.
Thank you for reflexes when raccoons try to maul you.
Thank you for people who are willing to eat with you and download seasons of TV off ResNet and skip classes for a year.
Thank you for people who give you shelter when you finish work on a Friday in Toronto, fly across the country on Saturday, and start new work on Monday.
Thank you for Cambodiana.
Thank you for the environment. I'm worried about global warming.
Thank you for movies like Crash and books like Hegemony of Survival.
Thank you for people who are so strong, even when starting a new life in the UK.
Thank you for people who I hardly talk to yet still send me e-cards on my birthday.
Thank you for people who are genuine.
Thank you for competitive sports, scouting reports, and ESPN.com.
Thank you for the writers of the Economist and please help the Americans of CNN, and Time Warner AOL.
Thank you for people who think like me and thank you more for people who don't, but thank you most for people who don't and force me to think outside of my own stubborn views to see the bigger picture.
Thank you for people who line up in a massive queue to buy me poutine while I'm crying my eyes out during Homecoming 2005.
Thank you for a job, even though it is at the Gap.
Thank you for mothers who make you honey and lemon tea and bring you sweaters and Tylenol when you're sick and writing an 8 page essay in one day that doesn't make any sense because I don't know what the question is.
Thank you to brothers who's idea of party central 2005 is taking a nap while watching a movie and eating all the KitKat and butter tarts.
Thank you for friends who listen so well, even when I've said the same thing for a year. Thanks for coming gymming with me almost everyday and keeping me company and knowing my real reasons for being upset or happy about life events.
Thank you for friends who were there the night before our Physiology exam. Think, think...do you remember?
Thank you for people who let me lie on their bed and waste time by telling them about my wacky stories when I should be writing an essay, assignment, or studying for a test.
Thank you for people who make me happy like GB1.
Thank you for people who motivate me and make me want to be a better person.
Thank you for Nature Burgers at Lick's.
Thank you for tennis racquets, golf clubs, frisbees, footballs, and the game of basketball (did I already say that?)
Thank you for people who take care of you, who let you take care of them, and for people who smile with you when the sun finally comes up again...

- Jessica

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

Thank you for Jessica Lee! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home