Wednesday, May 03, 2006

London pt. III


The view from Torni, the highest building in Helsinki

(Sorry all my cities and countries are all getting mixed up on my blog...London pictures next time!)

I'm all museumed out.

I went to Natural History Museum, Science Museum, and the Victoria and Albert Museum today. I'm SO tired...my feet hurt!

They are starting to all mush into one big painting/sculpture.

My favourite at the NHM were the dinos! At the Science Museum I dunno because I didn't go see much. I was wavering on the brink of really exhausted by then and I hadn't eaten. At the V&A it was definitely the European sculptures, in particular the gigantico one of David by Michaelangelo. Anyhoo, tomorrow I am going to the British Museum. Scarley is trying to book me a Parliament tour too! On Saturday we're going to a market...it should be fun. EXCITED! :)

Ok...I promised pictures.


This is a McDonald's in Stockholm! Isn't it the nicest McD's you've ever seen? The people looked at me weird when I took the picture...but whatever. They've probably never been to a North American McDonald's joint.

Scarley and I on the first night in Helsinki - at the film themed restaurant, pre-Ahjo...

The huge Lutheran church in Helsinki...you can see it clearly even from the tallest point in the city (Torni, sort of like a Scandanavia version of the CN Tower)

At a bar in Helsinki with Kathrin from Germany, Stephen (our host), Scarley, and Celine, the weird girl from France

Scarlett and I on our first and quite lonely night in Stockholm - no one even said hi to us the entire time we were in Sweden. :-S

3 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

nice pictures!!!!!! haha weird girl from france: )

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JESSSSSS

NICE PICTURES. i love 'em. I'm at work so i could only skim through your entry real quick.. at first i thought, "wow.. jess went to some posh looking places".. then i read the caption, "McDonald's??" hahaha. pretty shnazzy for a fast food joint. anyways keep 'em coming.

miss ya much.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

You and Scarley look lovely!!!

any shopping??

miss you! take care of yourself, oh fearless one! i vote that you should take the PLUNGE *wink* .. ahahaha!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home