Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My trip in Vancouver, Canada



0.3 time spent at Gap, 0.6 time spent at GF Strong, 0.1 time EITHER sleeping or eating. Help me. I've worked 10 days straight. I have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off though this week (at Gap). Dinner at Tropika for my 21st on Thursday and "Wedding Crashers" Friday night, Grouse Grind/Capilano/beach on Saturday! I can't wait! Finally some fun days. Anyway, it's been insanely busy here for me. I have 4 assessments to do in the next 2 weeks for GF and I'm taking on my own client on the ABI (acquired brain injury) team for self-care and therapy. Puneet and I impromptu ate at all-you-can-eat sushi because we're pigs. Initially, I was just going to skip dinner, save some money and sleep early. However, Puneet suggested bubbletea and somehow we ended up at Yukiyama. Help us.

I'm getting really good at sleeping on my feet, or at my desk in an upright posture without my head drooping.

Our manager, during our so-called "sales rally" at the beginning of each shift told us how a customer called in to head office about one of our employees who was "so great". She told us for 3 days straight and told us to congratulate her. I bet she got a raise too...and now she can do just about anything except burn the place down and get away with it. So...for all you good friends out there, if you have time, feel free to call head office and compliment me. I'll give you 50% of my raise and some Vancouver rain in a Starbucks coffee cup (both are hugely abundant in this city).

Suggestions for complimentation:
1. Your employee, Jessica, was amazing. She worked so hard to find me the right size, fit and style. I'm incredibly happy with her service and I'll definitely come back to Gap again and I'll make sure to pass the word along to my family and friends about your store! She is so enthusiastic!
2. I found the perfect outfit for my mother/father/brother/sister/friend because of your employee, Jessica! She was great at putting it together and she gave me so many options. My _______ was really pleased with what I chose for once! She was knowledgeable, quick, friendly, and helpful (the 4 cornerstones of Gap Inc.).

...or anything you come up with would be great.

What you need to know:
Store: ROBSON ST., VANCOUVER, CANADA
Store phone number: 604.683.0906
Head office phone number: 1.800.GAPSTYLE

Things you should do when you go to your next retail store:
1. On a sunny day, suggest that the salesperson stand near the door so he/she can feel almost like they are outside instead of in a commercialized, corporate jail.
2. When someone asks you how you're doing, say: I'm feeling like shit. My dog just died, I lost my job last week, and it's pissing cats outside. Before I got fired, I got demoted due to the downsizing that's going on due to the poor economy, and I have no dignity. I am seeing 3 therapists because I am paranoid and don't trust either of them. How are you?

Maybe I should quit and work at the weed store.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

AHHAHAHAHAH JESS you're hilarious.
I MISS YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

HOw about this... "I was so impressed by your employee Jessica Lee. She is SOO good at sleeping on her feet, or at her desk in an upright posture without her head drooping."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home