Thursday, November 03, 2005

Update

It's been a crazy couple of weeks.
So let's recap starting with the fun stuff:

Vogue Smoker @ Elixir

This is at Stella's apartment before we headed over...and more importantly, before the drunkenness happened (the Elixir pictures are definitely branded as a not-blogger-postable...not how you're thinking but because half of our faces are cut-off or they are of the floor and stuff). This is also Stella's apartment before it burned down.







Dexter's Rehab Love Jam
Last chance for romance. Dress to impress. Hahahahaa. I love it. Well, it was nice to hang with the Rehab girls and guy. Pat's music was awesome as always and it was a..."sad" night. Thanks Puneet for giving me a hug and Janice for yelling at me for crying all the time.







So basketball season has started 2 days ago and life is good. Rip, C-Webb, Darius Miles...who would have thunk it? And my Wake Forest love, Chris Paul...you have done me proud!! Forget the Final Four! Too bad DMase sucks. And AK's FG% is 20%. I can't believe - Michael Redd 41 pts. There have been so many surprises so far! Sam Cassell?? WHEEEE! I have three teams in fantasy this year - Kev Tsang's, Enrico's, and Karthik's. So far, so good, but we (um...as in me and my teams) will have a better idea at the end of this week. It's been so exciting - already 4 games in OT and 1 in 2OT!!! I really wish we had TNT. Even though I hate you, Kobe, that shot was sweet and clutch and that Camby retribution block (after he stripped you of the ball) was sick. Maybe you still got it.



Semi on November 11, work semi-formal Christmas party on November 26...

Plans for Montreal are coming together - leaving Friday, November 18 and returning on Sunday. Partying with all the Asian people in Ontario and Quebec on Saturday night and SHOPPING!!! Can't wait to spend time with Puneet, J.Lo, Amy, and Janice (you better be coming).

Plans for Europe are slowly coming together - researching train/plane options and hostels. I will keep you posted.

It looks like family vacation to NYC for Christmas. MET and MoMA, here I come!

Now onto the unfun stuff like school. 1 more month until classes are over. WOWZA. I can't believe it. Do they just expect me to walk out of JHA on December 13, 2005 @ 12pm (hopefully I'll be done early though) and be ready for REAL LIFE? HA!

Working on resume and cover letter stuff. Trying to make me sound as unlazy as possible and as enthusiastic about OT as I should be. (Yes, it is as hard as it sounds).

I'm applying for jobs, 1st round to pediatrics in Toronto and Vancouver. And if that fails, onto anything else that will take me.
Prepping for placement and applying in January to the national system.

After tomorrow, it will be home free (for at least a week or two) before the intensity restarts.

Currently: Sta is staying with me as her apartment above Joe Dough's burned down. Humdinger, eh? Well, good thing most of her stuff is okay - she bought a new laptop and is currently looking for shelter. I saw GB today behind me at Timmy's (what a coincidence, we were talking last night before we fell asleep that I never see him anymore 'cause I never to go Stauffer...sigh). FATE.

I can't believe its November already. I feel like I just got here, yet I've been here forever...if that makes sense.

Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.

Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.


- Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer Inc. and Pixar Animation Studios, Stanford University Commencement Address, delivered June 12, 2005

6 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

hey jess! Haha i deleted my first comment because i had a typo.

anyways, nice pictures! looks and sounds like fun.. I miss u!!!
Jess your life is so exciting right now...Montreal,Europe, NYC!!!! WOW!
... I love the excerpt at the end!!!!

P.s. I forgot the "r" in excerpt last time. :)

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE the quote!

thanks for taking me in jessmess!!!

you're a ROCK in my life.

always steady and strong.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger jessica said...

1. Oh, LISE! Thanks! I MISS YOU!! Why aren't you coming to Montreal? :(
2. I heart you Sta!! Roomies for a week. Literally. Hee hee!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger JW said...

JESS! You're going to Europe? WHEN? Elaine and I were talking about going too!!!

YAY MONTREAL!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger jessica said...

1. April 11 - May 24
2. I'm hungrier after you mentioned all that food...I almost have no flex dollars left :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home