Sunday, July 24, 2005

Accomplished!


View of the Pacific from Stanley Park (Second Beach)


View of downtown Vancouver from Stanley Park Seawall


Fishermen from China underneath the Lion's Gate Bridge (to West Vancouver)


Stanley Park Seawall


Me and Stella, embarking upon the Grouse Grind!


About 1/8 the way up Grouse Mountain (quite flat still!)...as you can see, I am already alone, as Stella and Stella Sr. have embarked upon Starbucks :-|


Getting steeper...


The trees were huge! It was a lovely day for a hike...windy and not too hot at all!


3/4 of the way up! They didn't have a half mark sign (or maybe I was too busy gasping for air...) and I forgot to take a milestone picture of 1/4 of the hike.


The best moment of my life


Absolutely Gorgeous...


Not many pictures of myself as:
1. Puneet decided to suntan on the grass while I rollerbladed around the Seawall and,
2. Sole hike up the Grouse Mountain

Hence:
Currently taking applications for outdoor buddies for activites mentioned below...


Finally, Grouse Grind has officially been conquered by yours truly! Nice enough day to go at last...Stels and Stels Sr. tried to come and walked at the bottom about 1km before throwing in the towel. I had to keep going, and made it up in somewhere between 1.25 hours to 1.5 hours. Props to the one-eyed grandma grinding it with a cane and the 40-something man carrying his 2 year old on his back in a put-your-kid-in-it-backpack. I also rollerbladed around the seawall in Stanley Park on Friday after work. Puneet's great estimation skills told me that it would take 5 hours to rollerblade around the whole thing...well good thing I didn't listen to her (as usual) because I was done in about 35 or 40 minutes including picture taking time. Yes, and one day she may be your doctor...scary, eh? Hahaha, just joking, P-Unit. I want to do a Garibaldi hike when I finish work in August, but I don't know anyone in BC who will come with me...any takers? Probably August 19th. Also a side trip to Whistler in the making when I go to Garibaldi. If no Garibaldi volunteers...anyone want to go to Victoria? I know...it's pretty touristy...but that's what I'm half here for. Tomorrow, church, dim sum and beach! NO WORK! Thank you Princess for great weekends and waiting for me at the bottom of Grouse for an hour! Hope everyone's doing well back home...I miss you guys!

sweep me off my feet
singing ain't this life so sweet

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

wowy, it's soooo nice there. looks like an amazing hike. Love the pictures!! :)

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger miss.chip said...

Jessers!

I would love to go on the hike, but unfortunately, I am not in Vancouver! But can see that you're
having an awesome time hun. Take some more pretty scenic pics!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger eunice said...

what happened to van damme?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home