Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Today

Sorry my titles are idiotic at times. But trust me, this story is worth it.

I was in Environments class today and my classmate, Caroline, turned to me all of a sudden and asked if I remembered from first year OT when our classmate Crystal interviewed a client who was quite eccentric...and the client kept saying "Ya darn tootin'!!".

You must all be confused.

"Ya darn tootin'!!" essentially means "Damn right!". As in:

A: "Did you really get 90 on the exam??"
B: "Ya darn tootin'!!!"

A: "It's raining outside. Did you remember to bring your umbrella?"
B: "Ya darn tootin'!!!"

At first I was confuddled, but the images of us in the central room watching Crys do this interview with a straight face while we were behind the one-way mirror laughing our asses off suddenly came to mind and I BURST OUT LAUGHING during our Environment class. We were taking up some worksheet we were supposed to do during class which I didn't do anyway and I was holding my nose and covering my mouth, trying not to let out any sounds when the room was quiet because she was in the middle of picking someone to answer the questions. And the next thing I hear is: "Jessie?". And I'm like OH SHIT. However, no one ever calls me Jessie (well a couple, but no profs)...and there's another girl named Jessie (fortunately) in our class. So I look to her to answer it.

Too bad she was in the washroom. :-|

I looked up at the prof, sobered up my laughing fit and was like "uh...which question are we on?"

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHA.

Thank goodness, Sean, group member saved my ass.

"YA DARN TOOTIN'!!"

2 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger Princess Jules said...

LOL... this was the most enjoyable posting!!!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Felise Navidad said...

hahahahaha oh man!! good thing u blog stuff like this because I really miss your stories!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home