Sunday, April 03, 2005

Scariest day of my life...

So there's a side door to my apartment...you leave through one door (Door One) and you go down some stairs and exit through another door (Door 2). Well we used it all the time because it is sort of a shortcut. So today on my way to get some coffee @ Starbucks, I went down my usual way. However, Door 2 is broken. It doesn't open. Door One does not have a handle on the other side of the door. So basically I'm stuck. In any other case, I would have used my cell phone to call Lise to open the door...but my cell phone was dead at such a crucial moment in time...what are the chances? So my neighbor's door has a second door that faces this stairwell and I knock, but he isn't home. SHIT. So I see a stairwell and another door so I start knocking frantically on it. Some white trash dude with a mean face opens it up and asks me what I want. I told him what the problem was and asked if I could go to the street through his house. He said, and I quote, "Yeah the door is fucked because you guys keep fucking with it." So I'm like...I'm really sorry, but I'm essentially stuck between these doors. And he's like well thats too bad. And I'm thinking in my dramatic head...okay so...basically I'm going to die. No one ever comes down here, I have no phone and this dude just stepped out of a trailer. So I basically plead with this guy to let me into his house to use his phone at least to call Lisa. Reluctantly he does, all the while his dog is snarling at me behind him. So I go inside and he has a pretty nice house...clean, well furnished...two story apartment. His wife was like there's a payphone at the corner of the street. In my head of course since I was in a pickle already, I was like "woman...if I could frigging get to the corner of the street we wouldn't be having this conversation." Then she said to her husband: "make sure she doesn't use long distance". What the hell?? But anyway, I call Lisa, and if things can't get any worse, she doesn't pick up the phone. So I'm talking on the machine like...PLEASE LISA IF YOU'RE THERE PICK UP THE PHONE...and I call back and Jeremy picks up thank god, and lets me through...

I thanked the white dude and ran to my salvation.

Moral of the story: If you try to take shortcuts in life, you'll get screwed like Kobe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home